Friday, July 25, 2008

Official Day One- leaving LBI

It is 8AM and I am sitting by the bay in Surf City. A little back-story- Eric was here wednesday night to support me as I competed in LBIdol. It was totally embarrassing but also pretty fun. I had to do a sing-off at the end, but I won! I sang "Walking on Sunshine" and it was actually pretty terrible. My whole family plus some came out to support me though, which rocked, and I had becky behind the bar cheering me on! 
Our friend Rob, my brother Lee, his wife Dani, Eric and Me
at the fine establishment the Surf City Hotel in LBI


So anyway, this morning I mostly re-packed my stuff, and I hope I don't have too much. But I probably do. I am leaving in about an hour, and heading first to my brother's workplace to pick up something very important that I forgot to pack.... my heelies!!! 
Anyway, from there I will go to Eric's and then we'll really figure out what we have/need/can't live without/etc. Hopefully by around 1 or so we will be back in the car headed to pburgh! None of this is really very exciting yet, as we have done the pburgh trip together millions of times. 
But it's still pretty cool that this is all finally happening! Yay! We will write again when we have something more interesting to say :)

til then!
xox
Laura

No comments: