Wednesday, July 23, 2008

On the east coast...


Although today is not the official start of our trip- eric has joined me for a day down the shore here in Surf City, Long Beach Island. I think it is appropriate that we are beginning our adventure on the coast of the Atlantic. Highlights of the day were finally being able to go in the ocean which got above sub-zero temperatures, discussing details of our upcoming journey, and preparing for my performance in LBIdol tonight--- just what it sounds like, a singing competition at the surf city hotel. Bek will be bartending and my extended family will be in tow since you win by applause. Should be amusing.

Eric leaves early in the morning tomorrow to complete his portion of packing, and I'll spend my last day down here with the family. Friday morning I will leave the island and get eric in Philly- then we'll be off! First night in pittsburgh- for old times sake. And by old times, I mean 2 weeks ago when I was last there.

OK so this being the official first post, some details of our trip's first few days involve stopping in cities such as Chicago, Madison, and Minneap
olis- visiting friends and having good times. Then we venture into the great expanse of this country, with our first major national park stop being Mt. Rushmore!
 
Feel free to comment with thoughts, suggestions of places to see/things to do, or invitations for us to stay in your homes if you are along our route! :)
We will try to update with status-es (stati?) and p
ictures as frequently as possible!

That's all for now!
xox
Laura
(and eric sort of but he's on the phone right now and did not really contribute to this post)
(he wants to be sure that he is not lumped with my thoughts and opinions at all times throughout this blog, so we will try to be clear about who is participating in the posts) 
:P


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm the first one! take care guys.