Saturday, August 2, 2008

Utah and Ants

We drove all day today- through Salt Lake City where we stopped for an oil change and lunch. We were wandering around a shopping center in the city called Trolley Square, trying to find somewhere to eat, when we came upon a restaurant called the Green Street Club, which turned out to be a "private" club. Meaning you needed a membership to enter just because they sell alcohol there! Hah... utah! Anyway, we were about to leave when a nice couple came by and went to go in, and they said that they would "sponsor" us... meaning we could go in. So random. It was a nice enough place, but not super fancy or pricey- basically like a Friday's. But that's Utah law, I guess! 

Anyway, we then continued to drive through Utah, passing through amazing mountains and listening to Harry Potter. Which, by the way, is really starting to get to us. We have begun to refer to other people as 'muggles', and we occasionally curse each other with an "Expelliarmus!" We also both desperately want an owl, to be star Quidditch players, and to date someone in the Weasley family. 

We just arrived in Green River, Utah, at our KOA campsite for the night. It is a cute site, very flat and open- but there are ants everywhere in the dirt around our site! Gross. I'm not terribly happy with the owner of this campsite, however. When we entered and went in to register, the campsite was under my name, and on my credit card, and the vehicle we had to register was mine. The owner, however, a man, decided that he was only going to speak to Eric. He explained everything in great detail to Eric, looking only at Eric. He tried to hand the information and even the credit card receipt that needed to be signed... to Eric. He in fact only looked at me once when I got excited about the complimentary coffee they offer in the morning, and then he quickly looked back to Eric to explain how to use the coffee maker.  I mean, it makes sense, since Eric is the man and he is the only one capable of understanding the complicated procedures involved in camping overnight.
... :)

Anyway, tomorrow the Man will be driving as we leave Green River and head down through Arches National Park in Utah. We will make it to the Grand Canyon tomorrow, and are camping in Flagstaff, AZ. Can't wait!!!

It looks like it might rain tonight- which will be the first time we've really had any significant rain this entire trip. Luckily we are master campers and have the rain flap securely on over the tent. 

Ok I guess that's all for tonight. I don't really have any pictures since I was driving all day, and because Eric told me that I should really try not to take 2 GB of pictures every day. I've been restraining myself. 

We will try not to be eaten alive by the Siafu tonight. 

xox
Laura and Eric

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally had a similar experience here in Aspen with Mike. I was completely invisible! ew.